Sign the Pledge and Say No to Vaping
MOSA Oral Maxillofacial & Dental Implant Surgery is teaming up with Project Save A Mouth to help educate students in Monterey and Salinas about the negative health effects of vaping.
During National Children’s Dental Health Month, we want to bring added attention to vaping as a danger to the entire body: from the lungs and heart to the mouth and teeth. Join us as we work to Stop The Vape in our area!
Take the Stop The Vape pledge by February 28, 2020 to save your smile.
Did You Know?
- No amount of nicotine is safe for youth.
- Between 2015 and 2017, there were about 2,035 explosion and burn injuries caused by e-cigarettes.
- The Surgeon General reports that 1 in every 5 high school students and 1 in every 20 middle-school students use e-cigarettes across the nation.
- Vapers who also smoke cigarettes have three times the risk of developing chronic lung disease.
- Because the brain is still developing until about age 25, exposure to nicotine can lead to addiction and disrupt attention and learning.